Monday, January 24, 2011

Katy Perry Talks Grammy Performance, Tour

Singer says her Grammy appearance will 'show a different side.'
By Jocelyn Vena


Katy Perry
Photo: Chelsea Lauren/ FilmMagic

This is shaping up to be another big year for Katy Perry. She's gearing up to release a new single, possibly "E.T.," her dance ode to loving an alien, and she's also set to perform at the Grammy Awards next month.

"I'm going to do something beyond that," Perry tells Zap2it about the performance, for which she'll be pulling from hits like "Teenage Dream," "Firework" and "California Gurls" and maybe even including a surprise or two. "I'm going to do a really cool, heartfelt song that I really love, and show a different side. I think I'll do a medley of sorts, too, but not too much. It'll be quite a surprise."

On February 20, just days after the February 13 Grammy broadcast, Perry will be kicking off her California Dreams Tour in Portugal, and she admits she's working hard to get herself together for it. "It's like training for the Olympics," she said. "I'm off to the gym to build stamina ... and I hate working out, but I have to go, because this is a really energetic show. It's not like I'm going to make my fortune off of touring; I'm basically doing this as a big I.O.U. for all the love and support I've gotten. I need to go shake some hands and kiss some people."

Perry will bring the tour to the States in June, and she's been tweeting all about her plans for the show. "[Opening act] @robynkonichiwa [Robyn] and I will be dancing up a storm watching your set! Can't wait, BTE!... best tour ever!" she wrote. "I feel like this tour is building a bridge between the hipsters & the popsters. Hip-Pop is so 2011. Get wit it. #californiadreamstour!"

Related Photos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1656381/katy-perry-talks-grammy-performance-tour.jhtml

Mýa Nadine Velazquez Naomi Watts Natalie Imbruglia Natalie Portman

No comments:

Post a Comment