Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Katy Perry Reissue Is Teenage Dream 'With A Face-Lift'

Perry closes the Dream chapter with Complete Confection.
By James Montgomery

<P>More than 20 months after <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/perry_katy/artist.jhtml">Katy Perry</a> released her smash <i>Teenage Dream</i> album &#8212; and became one of the biggest pop stars on the planet &#8212; she's releasing it again, this time as a fully stocked <a href="/news/articles/1680695/katy-perry-teenage-dream-complete-confection.jhtml"><i>Complete Confection,</i></a> which ties up all the loose ends and, in a sense, brings this rather amazing chapter of her career to a close. </P><P> </P><P>While stars reissuing their biggest albums is certainly nothing new, Perry's approach to the <i>Confection</i> certainly is: She makes no bones about the fact that this one is for both her die-hard fans and those still (somehow) contemplating joining her flock. </P><P> </P><P><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:751555/cp~vid%3D751555%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A751555" width="460" height="260" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed> </P><P> </P><P>"This isn't a 'reloaded' album, it's not an album with eight songs that are new ... it's not my third record. It's my second record, with a face-lift," she laughed. "I don't want it to feel contrived or manipulated. ... I had the idea to do a reissue, like that one last 'wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am.' Like, 'Here's <i>Teenage Dream,</i> if you're on the edge of being a fan.' ... It's for that last push of, like, 'Jump in with me. Why not? You've already bought five songs, so you might as well complete your album!' ... But really, why I did it was because I know my fans always want more, so it's for the die-hard fan to have a nice, complete package." </P><P> </P><P>And to that end, <i>Complete Confection</i> is packed with all the hits and remixes, not to mention a trio of unheard tracks, two of which are <i>Dream</i> holdovers and one brand-new song ("Wide Awake") she wrote and recorded in just two days as an added treat for her fans. It's also a setup for the next phase in her career, the upcoming <a href="/news/articles/1681607/katy-perry-part-of-me-concert-movie.jhtml">"Part of Me" concert film</a>. As Perry has proved time and time again, there's a true purpose behind everything she does these days. </P><P> </P><P>"There were two songs that I had from <i>Teenage Dream</i> that I couldn't put on [the album] &#8212; 'Part of Me' and 'Dressin' Up' &#8212; and then I knew we were doing this re-release, so I was like, 'I've got to get into the studio, because I can't wait eight months to be able to put out this feeling that I'm feeling right now,' " she explained. "Because God knows it would take me another eight months to do another record. I couldn't do it on the fly; it just takes time to set up a record! </P><P> </P><P>"So ... I had two days to write, and I wrote it with my regular crew &#8212; Dr. Luke and Max Martin and Bonnie McKee &#8212; and then I had two days to record, and it was literally like, I submitted the lyrics before I submitted the music, because it was like by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin that I put that song on the record," she continued. "But I have a film that's coming out in the summer, a concert documentary, behind-the-scenes, real in your face, and... not only did I write the song because I needed to flush that out of my system, but I wrote it for the film as well." </P><P> </P><P><i>Will you pick up Katy's </i>Complete Confection<i>? Let us know in the comments below!</i></p>

Related Videos Related Artists

Source:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1681774/katy-perry-teenage-dream-complete-confection.jhtml

Rhona Mitra Rihanna Robin Tunney Rosario Dawson Rose Byrne

No comments:

Post a Comment