Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Miley Cyrus' Parents Drop Divorce

Billy Ray Cyrus announces on 'The View' that he and Tish have decided to work things out.
By Jocelyn Vena


Billy Ray Cyrus and Tish Cyrus
Photo: Jason Merritt/ Getty Images

After announcing their split last year Billy Ray Cyrus now says that he and his wife of 17 years, Tish, have decided to reconcile.

"I dropped the divorce," Miley Cyrus' dad told the hosts of "The View" during a pre-taped appearance on the show airing Friday, according to USA Today. "I wanted to put my family back together."

Cyrus, who appeared on the show to promote his new album, I'm an American, out in June, said he and his family are working out their problems.

"Communication I think is one of the biggest problems that we as human beings have in this whole world," he said. "And I think for the first time me and my entire family are finally communicating with each other in a way that, it's been quite some time ... and to answer your question, things are really the best they've ever been."

Cyrus also seemed to retract the statements he made in a GQ interview, in which he said that his and Miley's hit Disney series "Hannah Montana" "destroyed" their family.

"I feel like I kind of got my Miley back in a way," he said. "I feel like we are the daddy and the daughter that we were before 'Hannah Montana' happened. I love 'Hannah Montana.' I love Disney. That didn't tear my family apart."

The country singer did, however, say that fame had something to do with the family's troubles. "Now fame, fame is a different animal, you've got to be careful with that thing because it can ... all things considered, hey, it's all good."

Related Photos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1660176/miley-cyrus-parents-divorce.jhtml

Soft Cell Sophia Bush Stacy Keibler Summer Altice

No comments:

Post a Comment